Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Progress

In a week's time, my 8 month old daughter has gone from rolling everywhere to serious belly crawling. Grandpa's oxygen cord, every speck of lint, and casually reposing feet had better watch out. She's coming for you. More mutterings of parental and family endearments (OK, I know she's really just trying new sounds but humor me, will ya?) flow over her two bottom teeth daily. Progress down life's road is for her, at the moment, a sprint.

For the last two months, I've rather resembled her turtle counterpart. She leaps, I mosey. Many of my expectations have been met with cold, unanticipated realities. Problems I thought rather simply, quickly solved stick stubbornly around, taunting cruelly. No one said this would be easy. But today marks a possible step toward indepence. Income, earned by me, may just may be on the horizon. Even if it doesn't pan out, the fresh rush of glorious hope fuels me with oh so welcome energy.

I've made a deal with my son and it's no peachy king thing. No coffee until this weekend, and then no more until the following one. He's given up sugar for the same length of time. My addiction's already easing up but now the mental part takes over - I really really love my morning coffee. Tantalizing, taunting, overwhelming me with longing, it calls from my parent's mugs and beckoning pot each AM and I have to turn my back on my beloved brew. So to the teapot I go and every day we become better buddies. It hasn't won all my devotion but I will say that in a pinch, it hits a fair portion of the spot. Of course, no coffee for V and a grumpy bear I'll be so pity those poor souls who presently live with me.

Off to juice some limes I go, mostly to avoid another one of "those looks" from Mom. More to come, be it worth reading or not, you judge. I'm just so glad to be back online - the however many days I've been away can remain in the unsavory section of past lived and forgotten, thank you.

Good night, and Blessings,
V

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, V! I'll look forward to travelling the road with you.

    Big hugs (esp for the coffee!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Today's finally my first day back on the coffee. Won't be taking any more intentional breaks from it again soon. :) Blessings.

    ReplyDelete