Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Why

At heart, I'll always be a poet. Here's one I wrote late last night and would like to share. Much love to all those parents out there who'll read this and get it...I hope. :) And much love to all those considering parenthood someday. It's never easy, but so worth it. Blessings, V

My Whys

At my feet, dissolved in fit,

Covered in food, ink or vomit,

Tangled up in sibling fight or

Keeping me up half the night -

Even at their worst, they're why.

When nothing's left for my next step

When shoulders sag and mind's inept,

Those little bellies needing fed and

Young, open minds needing led

Walk me on and keep me strong.

But, elated giggles upon my knee

And joyful cheers of "Mommy, see!"

Lighten the step and stretch the smile,

Making the next, extra mile

Seem like minor stuff and never enough for

My three precious, little why's.

No comments:

Post a Comment