Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Silently

Today I made the (if you'd like to call it that) mistake of setting the adorable picture I snapped outside this summer, of Kaylee grinning, on the side table in my office at work. Such a flood of motherly longing and stabs of pain enveloped me. Guilt over not getting much time with her threatened to prevail but I managed to silently regain composure with the reminder that she's in the best of hands...her Father and mine watches over her, and her childcare provider cares for her so lovingly. And the same for each of my children.

Frequently I hear complaints about the cold and after awhile just want to shout, "What does all this negativity and griping change? Smile! No matter how hot or cold, you're breathing, walking, healthy enough to get out, have a job (if a co-worker) and a vehicle (probably-if a customer), and I'm fairly sure you're not about to starve to death. Life's fairly good, isn't it?!" But my reindeer nose and ruddy cheeks surrounding silent, smiling lips will tell a sweeter story than such a rant ever could. My plucky Irish blood and Italian fury keep me warm enough. :) Silently I gaze into the stinging wind and grin. It's not so much snow as they said. I'm loved and know divine love. Life's great. I am so blessed.

Sorry this is so disjointed, but I'll post it as is because I must get to work.
Blessings,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment