Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Smiling

Today toddled past my office door two adorable little blond girls (apparently sisters), grinning and starry-eyed. Above glowing cherub faces swung perfect ponytails, adorned with bows. Brief, their journey past my door yet tremendous, its effect. Such light encompassed me, in that otherwise darkened moment. A personal saying of mine: "Never trust someone who can't return a child's smile". My cheeks stretched and eyes crinkled. And all my problems momentarily melted away.

Today found me feeling a bit...unlovable. Ever taken a glance down or inward at yourself and, wagging your head, sighed hopelessly? Such was my experience, numerous times throughout the day. SO overweight. SO haggard, worn, and frumpy-looking. SO fatally flawed, or so I feel. But internal verbal punches won't solve those problems. Minute by minute, the reminder to stay in the present and out of my head will do more good than any amount of negativity, whether it be self-criticism or tearing down someone else, ever could.

Once again my writing's disjointed and tiresome and hard to decode. A long night with Kaylee struggling for comfort meant no sleep, followed by a long day muddles my mind and puffs my eyelids. So, goodnight, my dear readers. Today's encouragement: Smile at a kid, and live in the moment.

Much Love,
Blessings,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment